Senior School Polo

Senior School FAQs

A comprehensive list of frequently asked questions relating to Senior Schools

Yes, please go the membership page and sign up.

No, it is open to both state & independent schools.


Yes.  Everyone from Year 9 – 13 are welcome to participate in Senior School Tournaments.


No.  It is open to all girls at school between Years 7 and 13.

Annual membership is £55 and allows you to enter any SUPA tournaments within your relevant section.

Please click on the following link for playing polo at Senior Schools.

Yes.  Please contact the relevant Section Manger and they will do their best to find you a suitable team.

Click here to find an HPA coach.

HPA Licensed Coaches. Persons may be licenced as an HPA coach at Level 1, 2, 3 or 4.

• To qualify for a licence a person must:

• Be a member of the HPA – Full, Chukka or Non-Playing. • Hold a current: o HPA Coaching qualification. o First Aid certificate. o Safeguarding and Protecting Children certificate. o Enhanced DBS check. •

Have the appropriate insurance cover individually or under a club or school policy.

• Have paid their coaching licence fee.

• Attend annually a minimum of 4 hours of continual professional development (CPD) training, as offered by the HPA.

No please click here – you must comply with the HPA rules.

It is vitally important that your coach is an HPA registered coach.  Click here for more information about unlicensed coaches.

No, there is no requirement for coaches to attend SUPA tournaments.  Attendance at tournaments by a coach is at the discretion of each school, however, all coaches must meet HPA requirements.  Click here to ensure all requirements are being met.

No.  There will be no exceptions to this rule.  Payment must be received by the closing date otherwise the team/s entries will be cancelled.

No, you can hire polo ponies from polo pony providers.  It is your responsibility to ensure that they have a curent REL (riding establishment licence) and appropriate insurance cover. It is recommended that you ask to see copies of their current REL.  Alternatively take a look at the APSPH whose site covers all you need to know with regards to hiring a polo pony.

No, they must be a member of Staff, approved parent or coach.

Yes.  SUPA do have a small amount of equipment available to borrow at an event if required.  This needs to be arranged in advance with the relevant Section Manager

No, providing a parent/coach has been given the role of Team Manager.

Not unless the proposed combined team has been submitted to and approved by the SUPA Stewards prior to the tournament.

SUPA Sponsors

Supported by some of the biggest names in the sport.

Find out more about sponsorship

If you would like to become involved with SUPA please contact for more information.