We have recently changed our Public Liability Insurance Supplier. (All SUPA members who are paid up, are automatically covered by this policy)
Please peruse our new insurance details below:
Public Liability Policy
- Public Liability
- Third Party Property Damage or Bodily Injury where you are held legally liable.
- Must be held liable (sued)
- The policy provides 24 hour cover
- This means that the member is covered if their horses escape from the field and cause an accident or are out hacking and are held liable for causing damage to a car by kicking it etc (not just whilst playing polo)
- Horses/Ponies do not have to be HPA registered and these
- Territorial Limits are worldwide for UK/ROI domiciled members
- UK/ROI only for overseas members
- £10,000,000 per incident, £1,000 Excess in respect of Third Party Property Damage only
- Includes Grooms Indemnity
- Provides cover if a groom is held liable for third party property damage or bodily injury arising out of their work for a member whilst at a competition organised by HPA, SUPA, SAPA in UK
- This does not include Employers Liability so does not include injury to any Groom
- Includes cover for Authorised users
- Anyone riding/handling the horse with the members permission (not professional)
- Excluding Player to Player cover
- Excluding injury to horses
- Excludes business use
- This policy also covers SUPA/SAPA and their various committees for the organisation and running of events (including social events)
Personal Accident (Please note that this only covers 'catastrophic' injuries)
- Personal Accident
- Does not cover temporary total disablement (eg injury such as broken arm etc)
- Only cover whilst taking part in SUPA organised/affiliated events including social events (unless resulting directly from the influence of alcohol)
- Cover also extends to include members whilst competing for SUPA
- Does not provide cover for HPA events.
- Cover is worldwide but does not replace a travel policy
Schools and Universities Polo Association
Type of Cover: Public Liability
Limit: £10,000,000 per incident
Excess: £1,000 Third Party Property Damage
Operative Time: Occurring during the Period of Insurance within the Territorial Limits in connection with the Member’s use and/or ownership and/or control of a Horse and direct participation by the Member in
other horse related activities.
Territorial Limits: Worldwide
Definition of Member: means:
a) any member of the Schools and Universities Polo Association and/or any member of the Schools Alumni Polo Association:
(i) normally domiciled in the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands or the Republic of Ireland.
(ii) normally domiciled elsewhere in the World whilst temporarily visiting the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands or Republic of Ireland who has paid their membership subscription to the association and is covered under this insurance contract.
b) any person granted temporary day membership of the Schools and Universities Polo Association or the Schools Alumni Polo Association by virtue of entering as a participant in a Schools and Universities Polo Association or Schools Alumni Polo Association
Authorised Users: Covers any person given permission by the Member to use the Member’s Polo Pony or a Polo Pony normally in the Members custody.
Grooms Indemnity: Covers Public Liability incurred by any groom whilst working for the Member whilst at competitions in the United Kingdom organized under the auspices of or recognized by the Hurlingham
Polo Association from the time of arrival at the site of the competition until time of departure therefrom. Provided always that the Groom observes, fulfil and are subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions of the Policy
The Excess under this extension shall be £500 for each Incident.
Additional Policy Exclusions applicable to this extension:-
(a) intentional slaughter except where we have agreed to the destruction or where a Veterinary Surgeon has certified that destruction is imperative for humane reasons provided that we shall have the right to a post mortem examination carried out by a Veterinary
(b) injury, illness or disease caused by or arising from any malicious or wilful act of you or any Person Employed.
(c) any additional costs other than veterinary bills or the increased cost of keeping an injured or sick animal for a period not exceeding 12 months providing that the cost of all veterinary bills and the increased cost of keeping the Polo Pony shall not
exceed the Limit of Indemnity applicable to this extension.
Relevant Exclusions: Player to Player For any claim made by one player against another player for injury or damage sustained whilst both parties are playing, practicing or training for polo.
Injury or Damage to Horses For any claim arising out of injury to any Horse whilst playing, practicing or training for polo
Instruction directly or indirectly caused by, arising from or in connection with providing instruction or services to do with Horses by way of gain.
Professional/Commercial Activities For Injury or Damage arising out of, or incidental to, any profession, occupation or business of the Member. This Exclusion is deemed not to apply in respect of Grooms working for the Member.
Hire or Reward For Injury or damage directly or indirectly caused by, or contributed to, or arising from the use of a Horse for hire or reward.