University Polo

University School FAQs

A comprehensive list of frequently asked questions relating to Universities

If you are the President/Manager of your Universities Polo Teams and wish to be able to manage team entries you will need to sign up as “University Manager” and then add yourself as a playing member.

Log into the SUPA website and go to “Manage Memberships” scroll down the page and you will see all the members of University who have a current membership.  You need to activate them to enable you to enter them into tournaments.

Yes you need to pass the role onto the incoming President/Manager, ensure that you have given them the correct log in details and the correct email so that they can update the password etc and ensure that they are receiving the relevant information

Your membership to SUPA is separate to entry fees. Membership covers your insurance for you to play Uni polo for 1 year at a time.  Tournament entry fees cover, ground hire, medical cover, stewards, goal judges and all other costs associated with putting on a tournament.

Tournament fees vary depending upon the type of event.  Typically they £55 per player.

No.  There are no exceptions to this rule.  If funds are not received before the closing date your entry will be cancelled.

SUPA membership will not begin until cleared funds have been received by SUPA.  You will be unable to enter a tournament until funds are cleared.  There are no exceptions to this rule.

If you did not pay for entries before the closing date you did not make the draw and therefore are not in the tournament – there are no exceptions to the rule.  You are responsible for ensuring that SUPA receive the payment before the stated closing date.

After graduating you can no longer play within the SUPA divisions, but you can continue to play within the SAPA section.

Annual membership is £55 and allows you to enter any SUPA tournaments within your relevant section.

Team names can be anything you like as long as it is not offensive to anyone.  Most teams are named for their University.  However, if you are in a combined team or an unofficial University team then you may have to add a suffix e.g. Brighton Mavericks.  Some universities operate very strict guidelines as to who can use their name solely.  Your team president should already be aware of this.

Beginner 1 is for the better players in that division going down to beginner 4 for those who are very new to polo.  The same applies in Median and Novice with 1 being for those with a higher ability and 4 with the lowest.  Please see the rules page.

Yes this is called a combined team.  See our rules section about combined teams.

Yes, please go the membership page and sign up.

No, you can hire polo ponies from polo pony providers.  It is your responsibility to ensure that they have a curent REL (riding establishment licence) and appropriate insurance cover. It is recommended that you ask to see copies of their current REL.  Alternatively take a look at the APSPH whose site covers all you need to know with regards to hiring a polo pony.

SUPA Sponsors

Supported by some of the biggest names in the sport.

Find out more about sponsorship

If you would like to become involved with SUPA please contact for more information.